Friday, May 25, 2012

Introduction

                My name is Connor Whamond, and I am currently a junior at Westborough High. This year I had the chance to take Facing History and Ourselves and when I first walked into the class I thought that it would be like any other class, where on the first day we go in and the teacher just tells us what we are doing for the semester and that’s all you do for the first week. Facing History and Ourselves is a class that is offered for the students to take different historical events and relate these different historical events to ourselves and also for us to think about what we would do if we were in these different situations. The class is also driven towards me and the other students and what we would do and not what the teacher would do. I chose to take this class this year because last year my brother took the class and everyday he would talk about what they did that day in this class, and what he was saying sounded very interesting to me. He would also keep telling me that I should think about taking this class because of how powerful it was towards him. So I decided I mine as well take it, and I couldn’t disagree with him about how interesting and powerful this class truly is, and how different your views are on different subjects after completing a semester of this class. Also after taking this class, I wish I could go back in time and take back all the rude/racial jokes I have said in the past.    

No comments:

Post a Comment